[10gigs] For sale: heavy-duty tripods with pan/tilt head

Chris Cox, N0UK chrisc at chris.org
Thu Mar 8 13:04:43 CST 2018

I have a small quantity of the medium-duty tripods available for sale that
are suitable for portable microwave rigs.

The tripods are Majestic 2000 series with a 1201 tilt/pan head.  Most have
a 5x7" platform attached although one has a custom platform screwed to the
head assembly.

The 1201 tilt/pan heads are rated to hold 35 lb loads - usually large
format camera equipment.

The tripods are the updated version of the industrial tripods that were
available from Ax-Man around 15 years ago.  These newer models were made
by Bencher (of iambic key paddle fame) after they bought out the
production line from Majestic in the '80s.  They have a solid 1.5" stud
that the tilt/p[an head fits onto, whereas the older models from Ax-Man
usually had a hollow 1.5" cylinder.  The head's actually fit both newer
and older styles.

All but one of th eplatforms include a standard camera-thread 1/4-20 BSW
screw.  I chose to drill and tap bolt holes to mount my dish to (see
pictures).

These are an excellent upgrade to existing 10GHz portable rig stations.
they also are much sought after by prpofessional photographers too due to
their proven reliability and durability.

I have five available for $75 each to active/prospective microwavers -
which is an absolute steal to what they are still selling for elsewhere
since Bencher closed down the product line a little over a year ago, and
they're now in demand!

Please email me if you are interested.  I would like to see them get used
to equip/improve local microwave operators rigs for not-so-altruistic
reasons!

Oh, the dish/transverter is NOT included!

--
73 Chris Cox, N0UK, G4JEC
chrisc at chris.org