[10gigs] Beaconing to storms in en83, bob en74av

k2yaz at aol.com k2yaz at aol.com
Sun Aug 16 05:43:18 CDT 2020

  In a message dated 8/13/2020 7:01:34 PM Eastern Standard Time, 10gigs at www.chris.org writes:
About an hour ago the tower mounted 10 GHz setup became operational and an arm-chair QSO with Ron (W9ZIH - EN51) was made. No enhancements were noted and Ron peaked 30 dB above the Flex NF via CW. After a CW QSO we switched to USB and chatted for a bit. Ron is 330 km (205 miles) from my QTH. My DS dish is at 61' and runs 3W. We did note some chirping on XMT & RCV and we think it is related to my GPSDO that drives the Flex5000 and DEMI. After a shower and chow I plan to replace that GPS unit with another and sked with Ron again. My fingers are crossed that solves the issue. Enclosed is a snapshot of the setup. Gedas, W8BYA EN70JT Gallery at http://w8bya.comLight travels faster than sound....This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.  *****************************
*** NLRS Area 10GHz Alert ***