[10gigs] W0AUS/b (EN34qt) report

Chris Cox, N0UK chrisc at chris.org
Thu Mar 18 15:19:50 CDT 2021

Having just found a short hiatus from the work stress this week, coupled with the very pleasant spring weather, I took the10GHz rig out on to the balcony to see how the W0AUS/B (EN34qt) sounds when NOT looking through the apartment building wall.

In the clear, the beacon is audible most of the time just above the noise floor, occasionally dipping below the noise and occasionally rising up momentarily with what sounds like aircraft scatter.

It took me a little while to find the signal since it was much weaker than I had expected it to be at this relatively short distance.

Nevertheless, nice to have a consistent signal on the band here in the heart of the city.

Chris Cox, N0UK
EN34iw, Uptown Minneapolis
chrisc at chris.org