[10gigs] Message From The New Microwave Guy

Jon Platt w0zq at aol.com
Wed Mar 15 09:47:36 CDT 2023

Good morning Zoltan and welcome to the 10g reflector.
I use a DB6NT MKU10G2 for my portable 10g system.  The "G2" is several versions old and was/is crystal controlled.  Recently I changed out the Xtal with a Leo Bodnar GPSDO injecting at the original crystal frequency of 106.500 MHz.  Injection was easy by adding a SMA panel mount on the side of the transverter and coupling via a small series capacitor.  My system also runs a MT10-Z5W 200mW in 6 watt out amplifier from DK2FE ... I've also had this for many years.  Sequencing is via the SEQ-4 from Khune .... I mounted this inside the transverter with some slight modification of the transverters wiring.  T/R is via a standard SMA relay.  For the relay, I run a small 12v to 12v DC isolated power supply whose voltage is then stack that on top of the systems 12vdc to get me ~ 24 VDC to run the relay.   All of this gets mounted on the arm of my 26" dish so feedlines are short.  The feed is a homebrew feedhorn.  My IF rig is an old Kenwood TM255a 2m all mode rig, probably from the 80s.
I can send you some pictures if that would be helpful.
I think there are a few others on this reflector that also run the Khune 10 GHz transverters, possibly with newer versions than my old G2.
73, JonW0ZQ