[10gigs] [Midwest-Microwave] EN70 is QRV 10 GHz

Sean McHenry McHenryProj at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 13 20:55:54 CDT 2020

Very very cool. Good looking setup too.

Sean

From: Gedas
Sent: Thursday, August 13, 2020 6:21 PM
To: Midwest-Microwave at groups.io; 10GHz-Up at groups.io; 10gigs at chris.org
Subject: [Midwest-Microwave] EN70 is QRV 10 GHz

About an hour ago the tower mounted 10 GHz setup became operational and
an arm-chair QSO with Ron (W9ZIH - EN51) was made. No enhancements were
noted and Ron peaked 30 dB above the Flex NF via CW. After a CW QSO we
switched to USB and chatted for a bit. Ron is 330 km (205 miles) from my
QTH.

My DS dish is at 61' and runs 3W. We did note some chirping on XMT & RCV
and we think it is related to my GPSDO that drives the Flex5000 and DEMI.

After a shower and chow I plan to replace that GPS unit with another and
sked with Ron again. My fingers are crossed that solves the issue.
Enclosed is a snapshot of the setup.

Gedas, W8BYA EN70JT

Gallery at http://w8bya.com
Light travels faster than sound....