[10gigs] Yesterdays10 GHz RS Activity From EN70

Gedas w8bya at mchsi.com
Fri Apr 9 13:00:22 CDT 2021

Well I have been QRV on 10 GHz for one year now and yesterday, with the
help of Tony (K8ZR) I was able to work my 30th 10 GHz grid. I was able
to work Tony when he was in EN80, EM79, and EM78 (all CW RS) as he was
on the road to Arkansas.
What was neat was Tony was using a small slot antenna in EN80 (and later
a small horn for the other 2 grids) and he stayed in the car with his
window rolled down as it was pouring rain. As a matter of fact the
entire path between us was pouring rain. Best bearings did not match any
known cells. I doubt the QSO could have been made w/o the use of the pan
display. Below is a screen shot and a couple WAV recordings. We need to
get more ops to try uW RS out as it is an absolute blast ! 73
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Bwtlj40ubjmWOfKZvL0NRQ9igXzxeE6s/view?usp=sharing
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1YZGvzCRp8M-737H063xqz2oCg5_YnX39/view?usp=sharing
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1SpmB8_ubGIY488jmre4P2LunSEtPNik0/view?usp=sharing

Gedas, W8BYA EN70JT