[10gigs] 10 GHz Activity From EN70 - April 28, 2021

Gedas w8bya at mchsi.com
Thu Apr 29 12:28:27 CDT 2021

I have been having a blast on 10 GHz the last several days esp with all
these rain cells. First a new grid compliments of WA9TT for putting on
EN53 and then Tony, K8ZR for providing two more rare grids, EM89 & EM99.

Our contact to EM89 was via RS and easy to do at just 250km but EM99 was
a challenge as there were no rain cells around. We completed both
contacts on CW, EM89 via RS and EM99 via brute-force.

What is notable is that by the time Tony got to EM99 it was very late
(9:15pm), pitch black, out in the boonies someplace and raining. Tony
had no idea where he really was at other than it "seemed" flat......so
in the rain he set up and started dashing.  I was hearing Tony a little
better then he was me but after a few minutes of tweaking our dishes we
made the contact. The distance to EM99DX (love that suffix) was 310 km
and no rain-scatter even though poor Tony was in the rain getting
soaked. Thank you again to both Larry & Tony for the herculean efforts
and all the fun. This week I will be submitting my cards for my 1st ARRL
award, my VUCC with 33 grids.

The URL's below are a picture of what Tony saw looking my way from EM89
right before sunset and my associated WAV file of the fun QSO.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1VhlA83HhJLMwRcEfIpOF1vasG5g5Ypcb/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/13UogOe-yFNfS0NTW1NLBcxJp-NCO05HG/view?usp=sharing

Gedas, W8BYA EN70JT

Gallery at http://w8bya.com (under repair)